What is Mini Led technology?
In the continuous race for the technological improvement of LED screens, for some time now we have been hearing a lot about Mini LED.
But what do we mean when we talk about this technology?
When we talk about Mini Led, we refer to all screens with a fine pixel pitch, between 1.8mm and 0.7mm.
Comparing Mini LED technology to the classic LED screens, we are faced with a first essential fact. With the same screen size, in fact, the first will use a number of light-emitting diodes ten times larger than traditional ones.
As the name suggests, then, Mini LED are incredibly smaller in size, up to 1,000 times smaller. From an industrial point of view, they represents a very interesting technological evolution, since they can be built with already existing machinery.
Therefore, they are suitable for mass production and can also be used in LCD displays, as well as in LED screens.
The Advantages of Mini LED
Employing Mini LED instead of traditional LED results in several advantages, briefly reported here below:
- 175° viewing angle. These screens have a greater profile linearity, which produce perfect visibility even at extreme angles.
- Easier maintenance. The coexistence of 4 pixels on a single capsule allows to save a lot of welds, significantly impacting the ease and speed of maintenance intervention.
- Perfect for TV shooting. The extreme construction precision is reflected in a strong reduction of disturbs and Moiré Patterns when filming the content of Mini LED screens.
- Very High Quality. Super intense blacks, higher contrast and impressive brightness (up to 1.200 nit) contribute to raise the performance of Mini LED screens.
- Top visibility from short distances. The super-fine pixel pitch ensures perfect visibility from 50cm away.
Mini LED: best applications
Given the enormous advantages and specific features, Mini LED lends itself to being the best option for these applications (for now):
- Retail Digital Signage;
- Screens for TV Studios;
- Fair trades;
- Home Cinema.
IMD: integrated packaging technology
IMD is the packaging technology used for IMD, different from the well-known COB, SMD or DIP. Let’s see now what is meant by IMD LED (acronym for Integrated Matrix Devices).
This is a technology that involves the packaging of 4 integrated pixel structures in a single capsule (4 in 1), essentially 12 RGB diodes.
In practice, SMD technology, which contemplates only one pixel per structure, does not fit the market trend, which goes towards finer pixel pitches and higher resolutions.
For this reason, IMD technology has been introduced, which applied to Mini LED allows to give exceptional qualitative performances even from very close distances.
Here below, discover our Mini Led Screens with IMD technology:
Are you looking for a #beyondimaginable solution?